powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naplesbaitman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone make a powerhead recommendation that isn't terribly expensive and would he adequate for a 20 gallon tall tank? I didn't realize it but the one I have in there that I was given is a 1500 O_O

For what application? If it is a FOWLR tank, you might not need any powerheads, depending on the type of filtration you are using.

For what application? If it is a FOWLR tank, you might not need any powerheads, depending on the type of filtration you are using.

It is a fowlr tank but only has a HOB filter. Two clowns one purple firefish a goby pistol shrimp pair and two shrimp one blood and one cleaner.

The HOB is most likely sufficient. What makes you think you need a power head?

well, if you just want to keep from having dead spots in the tank, it certainly won't hurt to add one. Using your siphon to remove detritus during a water change is ok too. For that size tank, a small power head would be sufficient to eliminate most dead spots. Are you wanting fancy/$$$ or basic/$?

If you want fancy,
Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6025 - Bulk Reef Supply

If you want basic,
Hydor Koralia Nano - Bulk Reef Supply

well, if you just want to keep from having dead spots in the tank, it certainly won't hurt to add one. Using your siphon to remove detritus during a water change is ok too. For that size tank, a small power head would be sufficient to eliminate most dead spots. Are you wanting fancy/$$$ or basic/$?

If you want fancy,
Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6025 - Bulk Reef Supply

If you want basic,
Hydor Koralia Nano - Bulk Reef Supply

Definitely going to have to go with the basic one. Right now I don't need fancy. Thanks!

Any time! Post some pics of the tank in the show off forum if you haven't already... we are always interested in seeing folks' setups! :)

Back
Top Bottom