predator chow help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nafuzy

Aquarium Advice Activist
What's the best most nutritious food for predators. If I had a lion triggers clown, eel and a tang or 2 what's the best food for them..???? I know tangs need spirlunia.

I made a huge batch of homemade food months ago when I was doing smaller fish that consisted of spectrum pellets, vitamin supplements, spirlunia, broccoli, peppers, carrot, mango, raw shrimp, cod, scallops, clams, and egg.

That wouldn't work would it??? I fear its to small...like when it disintegrates in water

The fish and inverts I had at the time loooooved it. Oh and garlic was in it haha.

I make a sort of frozen chum blocks. I take mysis,brine,garlic,krill,fish,table shrimp, chop them all up, or defrost it. take them and put them into ice cube trays freeze them in rodi water. I use 3 a day.

I make a sort of frozen chum blocks. I take mysis,brine,garlic,krill,fish,table shrimp, chop them all up, or defrost it. take them and put them into ice cube trays freeze them in rodi water. I use 3 a day.

How big is your tank? I have several tanks to feed and was thinking your idea of ice cube trays was a great one! How much food is actually in each cube?

Thanks!

i have a 125G, i usually feed 3 to 4 cubes a day to my predator tank. To be honest the in ingredients in each cube will differ as their menu in the natural habitat will differ. I like to feed my fish a lot of protein, as i have 4 triggers, but you can kind of do your own thing with whatever you like to feed your fish. Experiment and see what they like.

mr_X said:
here's a good fish food thread....
RenegadeReefers.org • Information

Doug,...I followed your lead on this about 8-9 months ago and have been custom making my own food since then,...and,..it's working beautifully for both my triggers and my yellow tang., whatever the triggers don't immediately eat,.then the tang is swimming along like a ping pong ball eating the micro pieces,.. Thank you again for the suggestion

Back
Top Bottom