predator tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank size plays a big role in this question...
Personally i wouldn't consider anything under a 125 a good start for a predator only set-up..

Volitan Lionfish, triggers, certain tangs, puffers, anglers, damsels....but as previously stated, tank size plays a HUGE part in what fish can be kept

about 90% of the fish in each breed i mentioned are open to you:) i also have a 125 predator and have 1 of each, except the angler

i have a 125 pred tank with a radiata, jack tater puffer, picasso trigger and a banded mine urchin! the puffer and trigger seem to love each other and make great tank mates!

yeah, i have a couple of turbo snails in there but shrimps are a no no for obvious reasons! lol

I'm surprised that turbo and your urchin are still alive..
How long have they all lived together?
My humu destroyed my 2 golf ball sized turbos

Well the Humu has been in there for around a month and is really a lovely fish at this point and shown no aggression at all but he is only around two inches so lets see what happens with him in the future! lol the Urchin is a recent mover from my reef, he worried me and kept misplacing rocks that were as firmly placed as they could be so I gave him a go in the other tank. so far no issues but I am watching closely with a view to move im back if there are any problems. I know what people say about Humu's and its not that I disbelieve that they can be aggressive but I have had no problems with my one as yet but sure I am prepared for it happening in the future!

Count your blessings:lol:,,its only been a month,and he's a baby..Like i said in another thread about triggers ,,mine was a perfect civil fish for 2+ years,,now i hate him!I can't add anything new..I always try to give people a heads up on what will happen to their cute and tiny trigger in a couple years..One day it could turn into Mr. PITA!!..

Back
Top Bottom