Preditor tank stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea the angler is definately the must have anyways. I never really paid much attention to them before, but I seen one a couple weeks ago at my lfs in a nano. It was so freaking awsome. It definately inspired this tank. The lionfish was just an afterthought. I'm not really set on one. But I think I need a free swimmer for this tank. The eel will be the rock dweller, the angler the bottom dweller, any suggestions for a swimmer? Remember it's gonna go reef eventually.
Yeah,,,nothing:)....Sooner or later the "swimmer" will be a little to curious and gulp..
My angler is a loner and thats just the way it is...

I'm thinking about doing a preditor reef tank in a few months. Well maybe like 6 months. Anyways Im going to use a 55 gal. I'm thinking an angler, snowflake eel, and one maybe two lion fish? Will lions fight? The fish will be max adult size 5-6 inches. Is this rediculously overstocked? And these guys won't eat snails and hermits will they?

Lionfish will not fight

there's really no fighting when it comes to lionfish...they simply pierce whatever threatening fish with its venomous spines and that's game over...either that or simply swallow the attacker lol.

It's a little overstocked IMO. Just for info, an eel is practically blind. You will have to feed it with tongs. Do NOT handfeed your eel. It will mistake your finger for a worm lol.

Back
Top Bottom