Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Preparing purchase

I have chose aquacon over live aquaria this time around has anybody orderd from aquacon? Pros/cons?

Old 08-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Check out this thread...all about aquacon. I just placed 2 orders in the last week.

Aquacon Order arrived!! Warning lots of pictures

Old 08-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have 4 skunk cleaners in the tank already and waa gunna purchase 2 true perculas.. Hoping ill get a small and big one.. Live aquaria doesnt have the purple firefish i would like to order so thats why i plan on going through aqua.. My dumb smartphone wouldlnt let me zoom in on the font of that thread so im not entirely sure if it was a bad purchase.. Anymore advise haha
Old 08-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I found their customer service lacking in some ways. They have a no giarantee on ALL shrimp, alot of fish and alot of other thigns they don't advertise right up front. I had 2 doa shrimp and cause I waited 3.5 hours to notify them they denied me a credit.

I just got my second order yesterday, and it was because I;ve been searching for a particular fish and they were the only ones who had it. The fish and corals I ordered came just fine. they do a great job of packaging by the way and their prices can be extremely cheap. BUT I;m still turned off by not knowing about the shrimp and other tings not being covered.

In my opinion, if you want a special fish only they have I would order it. But I would stay clear on the everyday normal stuff.

It took 5 days for them to contact me back about the dead shrimp too which in mu opinion is not business like. They dont' eve answer their phones either. another bad sign.

make sure you use a credit card in case of any issues so you have some protection.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Gotcha gotcha! Sorry boutcha shrimpie!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

yeah me too. what really sucks is I got a mated pair of coral bandeds and the one died so effectively I cannot get another one. Not to mention I havent seen the single coral banded in a couple days.....

Read over their list of non guarantee items is my best advice.
heres the link

Aquacon.com's Advanced Aquarist - Non Guaranteed Species List Items
Old 08-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I feel like ordering from them and even if a fish is not doa, just quickly take a picture of it on the table and quickly put it back in the tank to report it to them as a doa. Would it serve them right? Lol
Old 08-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

So i placed my order just now.. Why so late you ask? Idk i was playing golf most the day.. Anywhoo back to the thread.. My 20 gl qt tank is empty of water n sand.. My question is in order for me to do this "right" i have to take my water from my DT and put it in my qt correct? Then a week or two i can transfer my fish into my dt? Via temp acclimate with bag THEN drip acclimte for a few hrs? Seems like a awwful lotta stress with each move.. Any tips ? Its not my first rodeo but it seems like i alwaya **** up somewherw in the acclimte part.. Which is why i also order a acclomate pro from dr foster n smitg BUT i dont think that will bet my fish here..
Old 08-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

2 true perculas and 2 purple firefish and reinforcments with the cuc
Old 08-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

So far so good with aquacon.. Just called me and will be here before 1030 am!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com