Problems regarding setting up 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Mildly long warning

I have a 75 gallon acrylic tank already that is being used as a sa cichlid tank and I have a friend that is very interested in my pair of jack dempseys and I want to turn it into a fowlr. I have had a 15 gallon sw for 2-3 years now with the original fish from the beginning.

I want to run a sump on it the new one and drilling is not an option so I was looking into the hob overflows but I have the acrylic lid already built into it and I don't know if it would work in the filter slots. If anyone could help that has had one before or knows specs the would be amazing.

Also I'm open to stocking suggestions.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Why is drilling not an option? It's acrylic, it doesn't get easier.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why is drilling not an option? It's acrylic, it doesn't get easier.

I'm 17 and don't have access to to the thinks that make it easy

I'm 17 and don't have access to to the thinks that make it easy

I'll challenge that. I originally thought that some things were out of my range of abilities when I started this hobby. Then as time progressed and my skill set grew, I opened my mind up to some of the things that I didn't think possible or in my range of abilities.
The one I'm talking about here is when I ordered a diamond boring drill bit to put holes in my rock the correct size for frag plugs to slide right into. I didn't have a drill either so I researched and got myself a great little drill that has done great around the house as well. I say this because for the price I paid for my CPR overflow is how much it cost me to get the drill and the diamond drill bit. In the case of your tank being acrylic, both options are available to you because of this. If you can get a HOB overflow, you can get a drill and the bit required both at roughly equal pricing.

Thanks guys I'll reconsider.

Except for an acrylic tank you don't need a diamond drill. A regular 1” hole saw (or whatever size) will do. Just keep it wet ot the heat will make it rebond after you finish cutting

Does this help?

https://youtu.be/55wMgifnUYY

29g fresh with Betta, Kuhli's, Neons, Denison Barbs, ADF, Mystery and Nerite Snails.

Some plants: Anubias, Java Fern, mosses and other misc.

8g Biorb with Betta and plants.

10g Mystery Snail Nursery

5g Plant grow tank with Pink Ramshorn Snails

Perfect thanks. May need more help down the road on plumbing. Any stocking suggestions?

I don't know if I would use a diamond bit on the acrylic if anyone else has experience please share it. I tried using the diamond bit I cut thru my glass tank with to make the same size hole in an overflow box and it worked but not very well like the guy said above just use a hole saw.
But I would def drill it if its just acrylic

Back
Top Bottom