Protein Skimmer 100gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NightSpirit

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone recommend a good,
hang on tank protein skimmer for
a 100 gallon FOWLR tank?

I was thinking of getting the Aqua C Remora Pro,
but would that be powerful enough?

(I know, sumps are better, but its not really an option
right now)

For a 100g FOWLR, a remora pro would be a good choice, it wouldn't really, IMO, be able to do a reef of the same size though. Other options are Red Sea Berlin HOB, Aquamedic turboflotor hang on.

For a 100g FOWLR, a remora pro would be a good choice, it wouldn't really, IMO, be able to do a reef of the same size though
Can I ask Why Kevin??? My Remora does an awesome job on my 55gal... From every article I have read it outperforms the Berlins as well as some of the other expensive skimmers... Everything That I have read states that the Aqua C skimmers are one of the best around..

James

If you decide to go with the Aqua C Pro, be sure to get two things with it. One: Get the Mag Drive pump instead of the Rio. Two: Spend the $ for a surface skimmer. The surface skimmer will do more to improve the efficiency of your HOB skimmer than anything else you could do. The Remora Pro is supposed to be good for up to a 140 gal tank, but I wouldn't recommend it for anything much larger than 100 gal.

cj10488 said:
http://www.captiveraisedcorals.com/skimmers.htm

hth,
James

Thanks James!
Actually, AA.com members get a better price on Aqua C than the one listed on my site until Nov 15. I encourage you to shop around for the best deal you can get before you buy though. PM me if you're interested or if I can be of any assistance.

Crap, I had already ordered the skimmer, and
you guys are much cheaper, even before including
the surface skimmer.

I guess that is what I get for being so impulsive.

I got it for ~ $230 w mag3 w free shipping, without prefilter
which goes for ~ $40.
You guys got it with the surface skimmer for ~ $230.

I guess I'll just have to order the surface skimmer sep,
and know to be more patient in the future.

Back
Top Bottom