Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Freak

That sucks sorry to hear this.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice Freak

When puffers die in tank their bodies release a toxin that can cause everything to die fyI

Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Belle View Post
When puffers die in tank their bodies release a toxin that can cause everything to die fyI
Your thinking of a box fish . Puffers have a part of their body that is poisionous if ingested.
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

But can't they spread infection quickly because they peck and rip at everything?

ktomminello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:03 AM   #95
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I am down to only 4 fish, from about 11. They have been dying and I am up to the point of going crazy. I have checked my water twice with my local aquarium, went to two different ones and my water is fine. The puffer I had, had a really bad ich break out so I turned up the temp in my tank to about 89 which then I was told it was too hot, that can be the reason why they are dying. After I changed the temp I noticed they have came out to swim more often but one of my damsels just died he was healthy this morning he was eating fine. I don't have a hospital tank that I can quarantine the ones that are left. I am using Microbe-lift Herbtana 100%natural expel leant for parasitic diseases since Sunday, hopefully it works. Is it possible for ich to live on my rock? Also, please give any suggestions u have that can help me revamp my tank btw I have only had it for about 1 month and a half my aunt had it for 5 years before that and the four fishes she had have lasted till now she had 1 clown and 3 damsels. The clown and 1 damsel has died but the other two are still alive. She never checked her ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, only her salt level.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh man that sucks to hear. I hate to say it but if you have ich it is still in your tank for sure. Did you read up on the life cycle of ich? I am no expert, having fortunately never had to deal with it but I know there are plenty of threads on here about what to do and herbal medication isn't one of them. Treating with copper or hypo salinity are the only known cures and not recommended to do in your display tank I am afraid. As for the tank, I can only advise to get rid of the ich before doing or adding anything else. How big is the tank? Sounds like it may have been overstocked or stocked too quickly if you have added 7 fish in a month and a half. Take it slowly and one step at a time. Good luck!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 AM   #97
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Today my lfs adviced me to use Reef safe medication rather than higher temp to combat marine ich because I lost my sailfin Molly who cycled my tank after 3 healthy months, and a day later 1/4 of my blue chromis died too! 3 chromis look 98% spot free, like 3 speck of salt. I won't lie. A healthy (so far) lawnmower blenny as well.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #98
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

It's so overwhelming. But with trial and error you learn. I'm thinking also I might of added to many fishes in a month and it caused the outbreak
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hey octorob. I completely agree with you about too many fish. It's so hard not to dump all these beautiful fish in your tank at once. Patience is key.

Tags
pics, puffer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com