Puffer pics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck Hamster!!!

Attachments

• image-1467067458.jpg
    image-1467067458.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 76
Bad news guys my puffer has ich!!! I feel so bad I gave him a quick bath in fresh water and got some Herbtana natural expellant for parasitic diseases. Hopefully he pulls throw this! Wish me luck!

Did he puff up during this procedure? Hope he pulls through. Good luck!

Bad news guys my puffer has ich!!! I feel so bad I gave him a quick bath in fresh water and got some Herbtana natural expellant for parasitic diseases. Hopefully he pulls throw this! Wish me luck!

Not positive so double check this but maybe increase your heat too!
Poor guy. Hoping for the best!!!

No he did not puff up , he didn't last that long I found out yesterday he looked very bad he was swimming fine N eating fine in the morning. My wife called me at work around 10PM saying he was very weak. My power heads were taking control if him. I got home feed them added the meds I bought but he didn't pull through.

Dang it!!! Don't blame yourself the illness was imminent. What a wonderful wife you have true catch to buy you such a thoughtful gift.

Celebrate the positive, you have a lot of love for future fish yet!

What kind of meds did you use? Puffers are scaleless and very sensitive to meds. Never treat a puffer with a full dose of any meds,

He didn't even let me have time to treat him it was quick. Also my yellow tang is gone too. Something is wrong they are dropping like flies. My levels are good do not know what it can be I just change my filter..

He didn't even let me have time to treat him it was quick. Also my yellow tang is gone too. Something is wrong they are dropping like flies. My levels are good do not know what it can be I just change my filter..

Maybe you are going through another cycle? What are your parameters?

I am down to only 4 fish, from about 11. They have been dying and I am up to the point of going crazy. I have checked my water twice with my local aquarium, went to two different ones and my water is fine. The puffer I had, had a really bad ich break out so I turned up the temp in my tank to about 89 which then I was told it was too hot, that can be the reason why they are dying. After I changed the temp I noticed they have came out to swim more often but one of my damsels just died he was healthy this morning he was eating fine. I don't have a hospital tank that I can quarantine the ones that are left. I am using Microbe-lift Herbtana 100%natural expel leant for parasitic diseases since Sunday, hopefully it works. Is it possible for ich to live on my rock? Also, please give any suggestions u have that can help me revamp my tank btw I have only had it for about 1 month and a half my aunt had it for 5 years before that and the four fishes she had have lasted till now she had 1 clown and 3 damsels. The clown and 1 damsel has died but the other two are still alive. She never checked her ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, only her salt level.

Oh man that sucks to hear. I hate to say it but if you have ich it is still in your tank for sure. Did you read up on the life cycle of ich? I am no expert, having fortunately never had to deal with it but I know there are plenty of threads on here about what to do and herbal medication isn't one of them. Treating with copper or hypo salinity are the only known cures and not recommended to do in your display tank I am afraid. As for the tank, I can only advise to get rid of the ich before doing or adding anything else. How big is the tank? Sounds like it may have been overstocked or stocked too quickly if you have added 7 fish in a month and a half. Take it slowly and one step at a time. Good luck!

Today my lfs adviced me to use Reef safe medication rather than higher temp to combat marine ich because I lost my sailfin Molly who cycled my tank after 3 healthy months, and a day later 1/4 of my blue chromis died too! 3 chromis look 98% spot free, like 3 speck of salt. I won't lie. A healthy (so far) lawnmower blenny as well.

It's so overwhelming. But with trial and error you learn. I'm thinking also I might of added to many fishes in a month and it caused the outbreak

Hey octorob. I completely agree with you about too many fish. It's so hard not to dump all these beautiful fish in your tank at once. Patience is key.

Back
Top Bottom