Puffer puffing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lumis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had a puffer for about a month now. Put in a new power head 2 weeks ago. The last 3 days now if the puffer gets to close to it he puffs up. Is this bad for him. Does it stress him.
Sorry pic came out side ways
ForumRunner_20120406_203601.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120406_203507.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120406_203507.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 188
Aww! I would love to see that. I always thought it was almost deadly for them to puff up? Or is that only a certain kind of puffer?

It's not deadly at all. It's deadly if they puff up out of water because air gets in their bodies. Water is fine.

It seems like he does not like the Intake. That's what makes him puff. Any suggestions or he will just get used to it.

He defends himself from the powerhead pushing the water in his face. He will get used to it. Maybe you can temporally reposition the powerhead until he gets used to it.

Reactions: HN1
Thanks terrance you always have good advise

Also note puffers will randomly inflate themselves, ime, to regulate proper body functioning. I've kept puffers that do enjoy swimming into a strong current and will inflate themselves, possibly allowing the current flow to assist their regulating.

Also note puffers will randomly inflate themselves, ime, to regulate proper body functioning. I've kept puffers that do enjoy swimming into a strong current and will inflate themselves, possibly allowing the current flow to assist their regulating.

That is the first time i've heard of regulating puffs. I've heard of practice puffing as a youngster and then less often as they approach adulthood.

Back
Top Bottom