Puffer x2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperAlex

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would I be able to house 2 small puffers in a 90 gallon tank? I really like the blue spotted puffer but also like the Valentini as well. It would be great if I didn't have to choose one over the other.

I almost decided to do the same with my blue spotted, since they both are quite docile...I'm interested in hearing others opinions as well

Some people have had success. But you have to be prepared for the possibility of them attacking each other once they mature. Even after they mature, it may take months to years before anything happens. QT tanks or donation is a great way to separate them.

Try it if you wish. Report back when from time to time of your results.

Well I guess my next question would be, did they add them at the same time? I have a blue spotted puffer at a local LFS that I would like to pick up tomorrow... If I want to have both would you suggest I wait until I can get them at the same time?

All the cases that I've followed was when two were introduced a different times.

When introducing the second puff, its a good idea to rearrange the tank for both puffs to establish territory at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom