Puffing puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcmcoker

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a porc puffer that I diagnosed with ich 4 weeks ago and I am into my third week of hypo treatment. For all intensive purposes he is doing awesome. He spot free, has tons of personality and is a ferocious eater. But since I started the hypo he has fully puffed 3 times( at least that's all I've seen) for no reason at all. His only tank mate is a small yellowtail damsel. Any idea what would cause him to do this

image-3816196208.jpg

Damsels are fish from hell. Literally. It could very well be the damsel. I would keep an eye on that evil little bugger.

Pretty sure it's not the damsel, I know their rap but this one hides shaking in his boots under a rock pretty much all day. Every time he pokes his head out the puffer goes after him.

Your puffer could be overreacting to sudden events inside the room, such as lots of foot traffic, turn the lights on, loud vibration.

Ahh, now that wouldn't surprise me. I have a 4yr a 3yr and a 10 month old. So sudden changes in noise vibration etc can be quite common. How adversely will puffing affect his health. Ive heard both sides of the argument and don't have a definitive answer. From what I understand when he puffs he has to flatten out all is internal organs but beyond that this is something he is designed to

Back
Top Bottom