Purple stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Doesn't seem like coralline? I have some on the front glass of my tank too, it's almost impossible to scrape off the glass...

image-3865196063.jpg

It's the stuff on the inside of the plastic cup.. Could it be the beginning stage of coralline? No clue! Thanks everyone!

I have that too! It's in my refugium..I was thinking cyano? Not sure, but I'd like to find out what it is.

Yea I get it on the glass to cyano is a lot softer though comes off very easy this stuff you have to really scrub been fightin with it for a bit now cause its a pain in the *** to clean it off the glass all the time and suggestions would be great

Ok so it's NOT cyano? Because I thought that cyano was actually easy to scrub off and is kinda gooey... So what is it lol?? I can't scrape it off! I have quite a bit of coralline but this is more reddish/maroon that purple...

I'm right there with u I'm almost thinking its just a different type of coraline cause it is sooo hard to get off and coraline comes in like every color imaginable

Coralline comes in all different colors. If it won't come off the glass easy then that's what it is. If you've ever had cyano or known someone with it, you can take an old toothbrush and it will come off fairly easy. I used Purlple Up in my tank and went up this morning and now have some growing on my front glass that my algae magnet will not take off of course...sighs.. Cyano will usually spread to your sand as well. Just had a buddy get rid of it completely after deciding to use "the vodka method" to help with nitrates and phosphates...BIG MISTAKE!

Benamayer said:
Doesn't seem like coralline? I have some on the front glass of my tank too, it's almost impossible to scrape off the glass...

It's the stuff on the inside of the plastic cup.. Could it be the beginning stage of coralline? No clue! Thanks everyone!

I have purple coralline and a dark pink. I also have a rock that has some blue green looking color that does NOT come off no matter how hard I scrub it with a toothbrush. I thought it was something bad but it hasn't spread and it looks good so I leave it! LOL!

Liquid dose ing is to scary I have been running a bio pellet reactor and noticed the stuff isn't as hard and doesn't grow as fast but still grows also my coraline has also been growing fast since the bio pellets so that's why I'm thinking is something else

Back
Top Bottom