Putting in a conditoner for instant fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always do water changes with Saltwater. You might want to get that SG up a little. 1.019 is on the low side of acceptable IMO.

Did you use Nutri Seawater? It comes with a SG of 1.026, so you want to cut it a little (like 4/5 with fresh water). I'd aim for at least a SG of 1.022.

So you think if i take out about two gallons and add two gallons of saltwater id get it back up to that?

What kind of water are you using, is it premixed, what is the SG of it?

30 gallon tank right?

Yeah 30 gallon tank and i forgot the waters name but it was already mixed saltwater my fishstore said just pore it in and thats it, i did see one thats 2.2 gallons should i put that one?

I aslo read if its a fowlr type of tank that a salinity of 1.019 is ok for the tank aslong as i dont have corals

I would top off with salt water until you get to where you want to be. The just check the salinity of the saltwater that you do water changes with and make sure its right before you add it.

Is it ok to mix diff types of saltwater because the petstore when i first started my tank i dont go to anymore because they were giving me bad info so i changed buy like i said i forgot the name of the saltwater i used

I would suggest getting a hydrometer to see check the SG of the water you're putting in.

I use Nutri Seawater myself. My LFS sells it for $12.50 for 4.4 gallons. I live in a condo, so its just worth it for me and real easy to handle.

I am just anal, but I test every new jug of water I buy for SG and ph. Just to make sure I didn't get a crazy batch or something. So far, I am on my 5th jug, and its all been consistent.

1.019 is ok, just on the low side of ok IMO. If you plan on adding inverts, you probably should bring it up to 1.022 or so. So, you may just want to top it off with saltwater for a week, checking SG every other day, or do a 10% PWC and see where your at. You should be perfect then. You are already off to an amazing start!! Beautiful tank!!

I have a tube with that glass piece that floats to tell me my sg, but in gonna try doin a water change and adding saltwater, thanks for your advice

Back
Top Bottom