Pygmy and Dwarf angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Question.. they have a wonderful little pygmy dwarf angel at the LFS. I know like tangs, its generally considered not good to have more than one type in a tank, but I did not know if that crossed the pygmy / dwarf level. I currently have a coral beauty which is about 3". Would it absolutely tear a yellow face pygmy Centropyge argi, Cherub angel, dwarf angelfish, pygmy angels apart? Being that it's smaller than my clowns ( looked to be about 1" if not a little smaller) ? I kinda imagine it would but didnt know for sure... its just so darn cute, I figured I'd ask :)

Always a possibility. I'd say %'s are in favor of the current inhabitant not tolerating the new addition being of the same Genus. You can give it a shot, but make sure you have a good amount of liverock with varied hiding areas so the argi can escape. Be prepared to remove the fish within hours if you plan to purchase and events turn sour.

Kind of what I figured. I dont think i'll be purchasing it, especially if it will cause problems - (I'd love to, but dont need any 'harassing deaths' ).

But if anyone else has any info reguarding this or have kept them together let me know :)

Thank you as always!

Yeah I thought about that, Scott LOL.. I love the angel species for sure. I'll probably just have to pass on this little guy for now. Another angel in a sperate tank would be in the future though most likely ;)

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom