Pyramid snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FloridaNewbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello guys, haven't been here in a while, been so busy. Anyways, since i upgraded to my 55gal 6 months ago, i noticed these "baby" snails on my glass and rocks. Never really paid much attention, but sometimes i noticed alot of them spread all over the tank.
Well after looking at Xtalreef
i think i have these pyramid snail, alot of them..... but i have no clams, and i looks at all my snails, they don't have any hitchhiking along.

Should i let it be, or freak out and try to remove them somehow?

Thanks
Leo

I don't know if you have a close-up lens, but may we have a photo? Particularly the shell. It's rather doubtful they are pyramid snails with, as you say, none on the snails, so it's possible you have something else all together that's eating something in your tank to proliferate like that.

Dave

i don't have a close up cam like that. but i'll try my best. they dont seem to be doing any harm, so for now i'll keep a watchful eye.

What other snails do you have in the tank? Cerith snail babies are simular in appearance to pyrimid snails. I have a photo of a baby cerith from my snails breeding if it would help.

Back
Top Bottom