QT tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How big do you recommend a QT tank? 10? 20?

As convict said a 10gal will work fine ... If your short on space or need one for an emergency medical treatment, you could always go the rubbermaid bin route. Perfectly fine to use, just pop in a heater and either a simple small HOB, or an air-stone.

With QT's, especially medical QT's one should be doing enough PWC's that you don't need the latest / greatest filter ... most cases an air-stone will help provide O2 exchange.

As convict said a 10gal will work fine ... If your short on space or need one for an emergency medical treatment, you could always go the rubbermaid bin route. Perfectly fine to use, just pop in a heater and either a simple small HOB, or an air-stone.

With QT's, especially medical QT's one should be doing enough PWC's that you don't need the latest / greatest filter ... most cases an air-stone will help provide O2 exchange.

Agreed air stone will be fine. I just happen to have a small filter.

I got a small filter so i think I should be fine. Should I put stuff in the tank to protect from ich? I have copper sulfate

I got a small filter so i think I should be fine. Should I put stuff in the tank to protect from ich? I have copper sulfate

You use the QT tank to treat for whatever the case. Don't just add meds. If that was your question.

Well for a new fish what should I put in? If anything

Would a regular strip light be fine for the tank?

QT'ing a fish is to observe for any outbreaks in disease, most commonly ich. Otherwise its used to treat sick fish. You dont need special lighting just enough to see the surface of your fishes body for parasites etc. +1 on PWC regularly

Would you need a small circulation pump at all?

Depending on the situation. If new fish and just making sure they're arent going to transfer any parasites then 2 or 3 weeks. Unless they show signs of disease then treat the disease until its gone.

Water flow is good

Back
Top Bottom