Question about Dwarf Seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marinefishman

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, I was thinking about getting a dwarf seahorse and need some help. About a month ago I had problems with ick. I quarantined my fish and put them back in. Everything is going good and I was thinking about restocking my tank. Then the seahorses came to my mind and I want to get one or a pair. So I have a couple questions. What things do they hold on to or do I have to put Some things in? I know some said that they will hold on to heaters and it is not good. How can I prevent that? Also What do they eat besides Live brine shrimp? I know that they are slow eaters and other fish will take their food but, Will my other fish bother them? I have A porcupine puffer Niger trigger, Yellow tang, And a Blue Hippo tang. They are all nice to each other while eating? I don't know If It is a good Idea to get them or Not. What do you guys think? Any more Help? Thanks Sorry for such a long post!:p

Dwarf seahorses need to be in a dedicated display since they are rather delicate and will be a food item for just about every fish. Some can be weaned onto cyclop-eeze or even pulverized mysis, but most of the time nauplii is the primary food source.

What things do they hold on to or do I have to put Some things in? I know some said that they will hold on to heaters and it is not good. How can I prevent that?

In this pic you see I put my heater and PH intake in this little contraption that I made with some type of plastic sewing canvas that I got at walmart. Worked good when I had my seahorses.

100_0519.JPG

I was thinking about getting dwarf seahorses and get a little tank for them. I read info about them and found out all of the info I needed. I know all the stuff I need and about their tanks. Except I have one question. I heard I needed a chiller or something Does anyone know anything about this? Does anyone have expierence with these guys? Thanks for the help so far!

You would only need a chiller if you expect your temperature to exceed 78F.

Back
Top Bottom