question about feeding.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a tobypuffer,scooterblenny,coralbeauty, and forktail blenny usually i feed them twice a day but sometimes i have work at 8 in the morning and my light doesnt turn on untill 9ish and the fish are never up when i get up for work so i dont want to throw food in their that wont be eaten can my fish deal with a couple days of the week only being fed when i come hom from work at 6, or would this be a problem for their feeding habbits

Hiya. I'm a notorious overfeeder in my SW tank, I'll feed 3 times day if I can. lol

I'm probably the worst person to ask. :-D

I'd like to know how much and when to feed as well.

well i usually feed once in the morning and once at night but i just wanted to know if some days out of the week when i have work early that the fish will be fine without a morning meal

The fish will be fine missing a meal. They can go for a few days without any feeding usually. Not super sure about your fish types but thats a generalization.

I have heard to feed only what the fish can eat in 30 seconds, and have heard 3-5 minutes, which is more accurate or am I completely off target?

My tank gets fed twice a week I supplement with nori (sushi wrap) for the tangs between feedings. My oldest fish have beebread in the tank for 7 years.
Like all animals, fish live longer on a 30% reduced caloric intake. None of my fish are thin, but they dont get the same amount of exercise as they would in the ocean either.

I mainly feed RodsFood (original) on those 2 days, but I occasionally switch one feeding out for something else.

Overfeeding can definitely cause algae outbreaks among other problems, so i would definitely agree with cmor. Fish can live just fine being fed every other day, or even less. There are some exceptions (like seahorses and pipefish should be fed twice a day) but i would personally feed that tank every other day or every third day and only a portion of the cube, maybe half.

Some of your fish would also enjoy the odd chunk of algae like cmor stated.

Back
Top Bottom