Question about Phosphate(sp?) Levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sschofie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I realize that phosphates affect your live rock, but my question is will the phosphates affect or kill my bristle worms in the rock and tank? And how harmful is it to fish and starfish. Thanks for your time. :lol:

I could be wrong but, I don't think phosphates are harmful to livestock. It's just a fuel source for undesirable algaes and cyano.

I do not think PO4 is bad for LR either. It is just good practice to keep levels down so you do not get those bad algeas.

Well I thought that phosphate was effecting my live rock because my rock is fading to white. My levels are ph-8.3, ammonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-5, salinity -1.025, calcium-480, alkalinity-4. I don't know what my phosphate level is(don't have a test kit). Any ideas on what may be causing this to happen.

Well I thought that phosphate was effecting my live rock because my rock is fading to white. My levels are ph-8.3, ammonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-5, salinity -1.025, calcium-480, alkalinity-4. I don't know what my phosphate level is(don't have a test kit). Any ideas on what may be causing this to happen.

Have you had any ammonia in the perameters lately? Check to see if the white can be fanned or blown off. It may just be detritus or sand settling. If not it is probably as I stated earlier some coralline die back.

Three months old is still relatively new. It could be die off or some bleaching from your lights. Give it time, it should come back.

Back
Top Bottom