Question about Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bamboo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 90gal fish only with Live Rock tank, I have 2 Eheim 2217 canister filters and a Coralife 12x turbo-twist UV sterilizer. Now I want to add a protein skimmer, but I can't hang it from my tank, since I don't have a sump I don't know if I could get one. I do not want to use a submergible skimmer if I could avoid it.

Can I have a Protein Skimmer working from the cabinet under my tank? Where I could run the tubes to the tank or does it have to be even with the water level?

Can anyone post a website or direct me to any articles on Protein Skimmers?

Thank you for your advice
Sorry if this is posted twice, not familar with posting yet.

Question about protien skimmers

I was in the same situation you are in with my 150 gal. I bought an Euro Reef skimmer and placed it in a 15 gal square tank which I hung from the floor joists ( tank is in the basement). I placed a power head in the main tank and ran a 1/2" cpvc line from it to the skimmer tank ( sorry this is getting so long), then ran a 1 1/2" drain from the small tank back to the main . All this because I did'nt buy a predrilled tank from the start, however it does work really well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom