question 'bout cleaning glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redchick2

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi ya,

Getting ready to get the 55g running, but noticed some scaley deposits on the glass. What can I use to safely remove this before I fill the tank up?

thanks!

Use either a razor blade or a white vinegar/water mix.

i hate that, you could have the most beautiful tank in the world, and you have a few salt streaks down the front of the tank, and it looks like complete crap!! But Def agree with them, Vinegar/Water is the best. I Also use Newspaper in my store and at home instead of paper towel, not only does it save you money it gives a streak free shine!!

Speaking of salt streaks.....I completely agree, it is horrible. So I thought it worth mentioning that the last time I was at the LFS the guy working there was cleaning the glass, he was using just fresh water and a small squeegie. It worked great and was so fast. I thought it was an excellent idea. I never thought about using a little squeegie to get rid of salt streaks, but it worked great. Just thought I would share.

Your quite welcome, I try to avoid the redundancy of suggestions that you commonly hear, but I hadn't ever seen this one, so I thought it worthy.

Back
Top Bottom