Question/Help please! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can adjust the sg as long as it doesn't have anything live but the rock and sand in it. Go slow when adding fish I usually add one fish a month until my tank is completely stocked. That way I can see how the fish are adjusting to each other and make sure they aren't getting to stressed out by all the new neighbors showing up. The footprint of your tank is small so consider that when stocking.

Alrighty.. so its been a few weeks and the tank numbers have stabilized. I have been adding the stress zyme and testing it regularly. So yesterday I figured I would go to the lfs and get some damsels and more live rock (5lbs) to make sure it is properly cycled before i add expensive fish. I have come to terms I cant have a puffer. :(

anyhow..
So my question is how many fish can i have with this size footprint? I have 5 damsels two black and white stripped, blue one, purple one and dominio one. I really like these guys since they were cheap and they are pretty active. thoughts?

Alrighty.. so its been a few weeks and the tank numbers have stabilized. I have been adding the stress zyme and testing it regularly. So yesterday I figured I would go to the lfs and get some damsels and more live rock (5lbs) to make sure it is properly cycled before i add expensive fish. I have come to terms I cant have a puffer. :(

anyhow..
So my question is how many fish can i have with this size footprint? I have 5 damsels two black and white stripped, blue one, purple one and dominio one. I really like these guys since they were cheap and they are pretty active. thoughts?
With this kind if lineup ,i'm not sure what is going to survive in your tank..Seriously,thats a rough bunch you got there..Why not consider getting them out and getting a more peaceful set up?
firefish,cardinals,dwarf angel,some type of wrasse,an anthias and clowns

With this kind if lineup ,i'm not sure what is going to survive in your tank..Seriously,thats a rough bunch you got there..Why not consider getting them out and getting a more peaceful set up?
firefish,cardinals,dwarf angel,some type of wrasse,an anthias and clowns

? It was suggested to me to put some damsels in there to make sure the tank was completely cycled..

? It was suggested to me to put some damsels in there to make sure the tank was completely cycled..
Who made this suggestion ??You should never cycle with fish,,even though damsels are tough and cheap they shouldn't be used that way...For angler food yes:lol:,to cycle a tank ,no!!They are going to own that tank and probably even turn on each other,and you have just about the meanest ones ,,yellow tails aren't as bad ,but the B&W's and dominios are very mean ..

Who made this suggestion ??You should never cycle with fish,,even though damsels are tough and cheap they shouldn't be used that way...For angler food yes:lol:,to cycle a tank ,no!!They are going to own that tank and probably even turn on each other,and you have just about the meanest ones ,,yellow tails aren't as bad ,but the B&W's and dominios are very mean ..

LFS... They had them all the same tank at the store..

LFS... They had them all the same tank at the store..
Well sure they do,,but they don't stay together at the store for months and establish tank territory ...If it were me i'd yank em all,unless thats all you ever want in there

Well sure they do,,but they don't stay together at the store for months and establish tank territory ...If it were me i'd yank em all,unless thats all you ever want in there

I dont plan on adding anything else until im finished with adding the right amount of LR. at least they are something to look at..

and angler food.. or cycling the tank.. fate is the same at the end of the day haha jk :whistle:

I dont plan on adding anything else until im finished with adding the right amount of LR. at least they are something to look at..

and angler food.. or cycling the tank.. fate is the same at the end of the day haha jk :whistle:
True ,but one is natures way and over in a blink and the other is just slow cruel torture ..
good luck with future additions

Adding live rock with livestock in the tank is not a great idea. There can be die off on the rock and that can cause an ammonia spike which can kill your fish, even hardy damsels might not make it through.

if it were me I would ditch the damsels and cycle the tank properly with ALL the live rock that i wanted. You also can add base rock at any time so you might wanna consider using that plus it's a lot cheaper. :)

Back
Top Bottom