Question on fish lifespan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raker333

Aquarium Advice Activist
Greetings all!!

How long do Green Chromis live for?
I have had one for about a year now and he is starting to act real odd.
He is swimming vertical and not eating when the other in the tank are fed (Gramma, Clown)
He is the oldest fish in my tank ... he has lasted longer than I thought he would.... he ruled the tank until the gramma was added then he just faded away to hiding in the LR. Clown and Gramma get along (More like tolerate each other).

Any info would be great. :D

I'm not sure on the actual life span. What are your water parameters? Actual numbers...How is he swimming during the day...not when you are feeding?

params fine
Am=0
Nitr=.5
PH=7.9-8.0
SpecG=1.020

Just saw the other side of him.... He has a 1/4 inch scrape down the side of him.
Not a blemish but an actual scrape!! I did my PWC this past weekend.... maybe he got spooked and ran against a rock (I moved 2 around)
He had been hiding in the rock the entire time... feeding or not... flakes would float past him and he ignored it.
I feel his time is up :(

He was my 3rd fish after My tank cycled

They should live longer than 1 yr. I have several fish that were with when we started 9 yrs ago and no telling how old they were when I got them. I`m thinking something is wrong here.

Do you have a QT you can put him in to heal?

to late... was crab food this morning :(

Will have to go to lfs and get a replacement
Other fish in tank are acting normal and eating fine.... anemone and hermits all normal
Guess he just had a bad week...

melosu58 said:
He had to die for some reason. I`d find out why before adding any fish.
I agree. Sorry for your loss.

I am thinking the injury (Rock scrape/crab attack) stressed him out and he never really recovered

I will give the other guys another week before adding anything else

Thanks for the help as always guys

Back
Top Bottom