Quick question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
Would a 10G PWC every other week be sufficent to keep things stable in a 75G FOWLR? I don't really have room for a mixing trash can so I'm trying to use two 5G buckets..

Should be fine. Have you looked at water softener barrels/containers? They are usually slimmer than trash cans...not sure if that's an option.

just get one of the storage bins they sell at walmart. even the small ones hold 20 gal. That is what I use. 20 gal every other week is MORE than enough and you ony need it to sit overnight. If you use oceanic salt mix you only need a couple of hours. that is something people miss. Reef Crystals are great but take forever to disolve.

Should be fine. I just use a 10g tank and stuffed a filter and heater on it. Mixes salt and acts as an emergency QT if needed. I'm sure you have the room for a 10g under your stand if the sump isn't 4ft long.

Should be fine. I just use a 10g tank and stuffed a filter and heater on it. Mixes salt and acts as an emergency QT if needed. I'm sure you have the room for a 10g under your stand if the sump isn't 4ft long.

heh the sump takes up most of the space, and an ATO res. takes up what's left. I wanted to get rid of my cichlids (that are apparently not firemouths) and use that take for SW mixing, but nobody wants them D;.

yah know, i would use the 30 gallon container, because you neverr know when an emergency might crop up. it'd be handy to have some...on hand

Back
Top Bottom