Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yes, that is what I was referring to. pph_2ppr can go to drsfostersmith.com and it will link/redirect him to both of those sites.

OH YES, they have alot of good selection (typically more than the LFS) and the same price after all is said and done. I like the fact that they have a 14 day guarantee AND they have 24/7 customer service that will help on questions/problems with your fish. The staff from what I have found seems to be pretty knowledgeable.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:50 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to pph_2ppr
Is three small hermits and say five snails too much for a 10 gallon?(how do i almost kill the risk of the hermits killing the snails) I would like a couple serphant(or brittle) stars , how do they fair with a small tank and multiple numbers of the same species? If i don't go reef how would an urchin fit in?

Old 01-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Activist

If you had a choice would you go with a yellow watchman goby or a court jester goby?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:36 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think the yellow watchman goby is more popular. And usually things that are more popular are more popular for a reason. However this is not always the case.

FijiWigi_Tank_photos
120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:25 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Activist

What is the most common hermit crab(also most peaceful)?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #46
AA Team Emeritus

I have not found any hermits to be peacefull. Regradless of how many shells were in the tank the blues leg and red leg fought with each other and picke snails out of their shells. I finally relegated the remaining hermits to the sump where they remained until they died out (1 year or so life expectancy).
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Activist

i figured if i had a 4 or 5 gallon refuge i could keep a few hermits in there, that should satisfy my itch, then i could have a small hermit or 2 in my main tank along with larger snails, if there is a size difference like this will they get along? am i crazy?

Would an odyssea protein skimmer be a wise choice, are they a reliable brand?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hermits and Snails

I have a 75 gallon aquarium. I have 6 Mexican red legged hermits and 6 blue legged hermits. I have 1 Mexican Turbo snail (large) and 6 Astrea snails. They have been in there for roughly 1.5 months and have not touched each other in a bad way. I put about 6 medium sized shells and they have actually changed homes several times. I don't know if this is rare but they are all getting along great.

The only problem with an urchin (from what I've heard) is they eat Coralline Algae so that means the good stuff on your rock. Maybe someone can confirm that?

I think you should get 2 tiny hermits and maybe 2 or 3 snails (small) for your 10 gallon. You can add more if you find that they cannot keep the algae down.

I like the Yellow Watchman Goby's. I have an Orange spotted watchman goby and he is absolutely halarius to watch.

Oh. also. When you are ordering, you may want to order a bottle of Garlic Extreme (This can be added every time you feed. It promotes hunger and builds their immunity.) My goby would not eat until I added this in. You only use like 1 drop of it.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Activist

OH another thing too. Apparently they say Goby's have a high death rate (typically of starving) so we do feed him mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, and regular shrimp (cut into tiny pieces). That lil dude eats like a mad man.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:47 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Activist

that feeding tip is a good, if i didnt know that i probably would have killed the sucker, thanks!

if i end up with an invert tank i think i will get an urchin just because they look pretty sweet

How would a starfish fair in a 10 gallon tank, which type would be the best?
thanks for the advice!

Tags
ick, start

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com