Raccoon Butterfly..good or bad idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think there are any compatibility issues, but the Flame angel is probably going to harass the Butterfly for awhile. I'd keep an eye on him!!

Dwarf lionfish are carnivorous so you need to make sure the butterfly is bigger than the lion's mouth.

We were cycling a 8 gallon aquarium and decided to put a small domino damsel in there to help cycle it. When the cycle was over we put it in our 75 gallon that has our dwarf lion. He is still alive after a month. In my opinion it is all on the fishes personality. But don't risk it with expensive fish. They most likely won't survive :)

I had a flame angel in my 75 fowlr before I added my raccoon butterflyfish. I too was real worried that my flame would bully the raccoon but they ended up being buddies. I guess I got lucky with my flame angel. Not sure how your other fish will treat him though, but a great fish, adds a nice splash of yellow and loves to swim.

Oh yeah, in case you didn't know already, they can be real finicky eaters at first. Just be ready with some fresh scallops or shrimp from the grocery store. Chop some up, soak in garlic, and then rubber band it to a small rock. That's the only way I got mine to eat during the first week I had him, then i got him to eat flakes out of my hand. They really seem to like 'stationary' food.

She is a very picky eater :) we have had her 2 months now and she will only eat live ghost shrimp. Our most recent try was fresh shrimp and that didn't work. But I will try your option next. Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom