Recommendations for live rock dealers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blorkiemom

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to be needing about 110 lbs of live rock in the next month or so and I could use some advice to help me avoid a costly mistake! The LFS around here want anywhere from $6-$8 for cured rock and what they have doesn't look too interesting. I'm thinking about Aquarium Arts, as they will ship (in water) on Greyhound and I could have it about 5-6 hours after it leaves their store. I can't find any discussion from anyone who has bought from them, though--does anyone have any experience with their rocks?

http://www.aquariumarts.com/

Thanks for any thoughts!

I'm pretty sure you're gonna get flooded with recommendations for liverocks.com any minute now :lol:

No doubt! They use the denser rock, though, right? I was thinking I would prefer Tonga or Fiji--but I may have to cave to group pressure. :)

Per Atari here is comes :) I just bought from live rocks and put some stuff in my tank today ($5.62 shipped per pound). I'll show some pictures in a few days. Also you might want to check out http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/ as they seem to be running another good business.

BTW the live rocks seem to be about as dense as the 16 puond tonga I bought from my LFS.

I have to say I bought a 5-lb chunk that's supposed to be Fiji from my LFS (to start my QT) and it might as well be a chunk of concrete. I was hoping to get fluffy rock, so to speak, for my big tank! I've seen pretty much only good things about LR.com and tampa bay saltwater . . . I do like the aquacultured concept, and if no one knows anything about Aquarium Arts I may just go with the known. I don't want a $750 screw up!

liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com liverocks.com

Well I have to chime in also. Liverocks.com ROCKS. :mrgreen: My last order had 1 lavender serpant star, 1 lrg brittle, and 1 small brittle. plus 2 porc. crabs. and bunches of other stuff too. Just sorry I can't get anymore sand from them. :roll:

Okay! I give!! With a fan club like that, I guess I can't go wrong with Liverocks. You guys aren't getting kickbacks, are you? :)

I hate to say I told you so but.............. :p

Im not getting any kickbacks yet, but I might need to have a chat with Zack :D

I just placed an order for 40 lbs from Zack. Went to him once before and was tickled pink! If you arent conviced yet, MY WIFE insisted I get it from him again, and she calls my tank THE MONEY PIT!

I see everybody raving about the LR that they get from LR.com but by looking at their site I see 4 different types of LR. Which type is the best or the best for a beginner? The Coral Rock, Gulf Rock, Keys Rock, or the Live Base Rock. Just would like to know before I place a order.

Back
Top Bottom