I have been battling red algae on my rocks. I have been scraping and siphoning off. I do 10% water change every week and have a sump with bio balls,skimmer, and a refugium. I have tested the water and show 0 nitrates and 0 phosphates. I understand that the algae is consuming the nutrients and that is why they are at 0. Tank is a 90 gallon cube. I have a coral beauty angle, 2 clown fish, 3 damsels, a anemone. The clean up crew is hermit crabs, a few brittle starfish, a few serpent starfish, 2 emerald crabs, some Nassarius snails, 2 turbo snails and a tiger conch. I use ro
I now have bubble algae on top of the red algae. I feed 1/2 frozen cube every other day. There is also alot of cyno on my sand bed now. Can I remove it ans add more live sand to it? I have read about dipping rocks in peroxide but not sure what to do.
I am not sure where the excess nutrients could be coming from.
Thanks in advance for your advice.