Red Bubble algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnnyOneBeat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 90 gal reef set-up with a 30gal sump. recently red bubble algae has been showing up on the rockwork none of my hermits or snails are eating it and my rusty angel isn't interested. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

Can you get a picture? Is this algea on a "stalk" with several bubbles on it are they just attatched to the rocks?

I don't have a pic yet. Its attached straight to the rock is small clusters. Its florescent under atinic blue lights. Its slimy to the touch. And to my knowledge isn't related to the calurpa. Thats about all I can tell ya. I'll work on the pic.

Thanks, John

I'm thinking the same as malkore. Cyano traps airbubbles and would be slimy. Check your nitrates and phosphate levels. If these are elevated, it could cause a cyano outbreak. Also, cyano seems to take hold better in areas of low waterflow.

Like they said , cyno.. low flow , excess nutrients, low flow and old bulbs are factors in cyno.
have you tested to Phosphate, silicates, nitrates? Do you use tap or filtered water?

Back
Top Bottom