Red bugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaycapz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all..

So my tank is still cycling, 3 1/2 weeks in and I'm noticing little red bugs crawling along the sand. Extremely tiny things. I only have 20 lbs of live rock in 26g tank, in there right now. Any ideas? I am just starting out so I'm lost. They also look like they jump a bit. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Is there anyway to know if they are the bad kind? I saw something about there being a bad kind. Weird cause the LR and sand are only thing in there, and nothing until almost 4 weeks in. There's tons of them all over the sand.

Most likely pods a good sign. You Probaly have a good population cause you have no livestock in there eating them yet. Do a google search on them and compare to pics online that should help ya.

I also just turned off my filter and noticed what looks like little sperm, yes I said sperm floating in my tank. Little whitish clear micro floating things. Is all this related. Most excitement I've had in the tank in weeks. Lol

There is no way you have red bugs (the sps eating red bugs) unless you have sps present. Relax and cycle your tank.

Ok thanks guys. I'm only 3 1/2 weeks in and getting anxious. Tank isn't cycling well, just nitrate readings, no nitrites, ammonia 0. So I'm just concerned overall about where I'm heading. Thanks for the advice.

Ok thanks guys. I'm only 3 1/2 weeks in and getting anxious. Tank isn't cycling well, just nitrate readings, no nitrites, ammonia 0. So I'm just concerned overall about where I'm heading. Thanks for the advice.

...this would indicate the end of your cycle if it was done properly. How are you cycling it

Fishless cycle.. I added pure ammonia on a couple of occasions.

Might want to brush up some on cycling.. You need to add ammonia more than a couple of times.. I like dead shrimp method personally

Back
Top Bottom