Red horned starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zakwhite

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi there guys I am new here just joined about 5 minutes ago I would like to know a littler bit of more maybe interesting information about the red horned starfish I have attached a picture also can they kind of tell you when hte water is bad by loosing a leg or something?

Another question is what else could I add to my aquarium I have about 20 kilograms live rock red horned sea star pair of common clowns 2 green chromis I blue damsel 1 humbug black an white and maybe 1 or 2 hermits also a lot he fish a pretty small at the moment my tank is a 130 litre corner tank with a rena filstar running 1 wave maker I have spares etc if needed just wanted a little info about interesting things about the fish and is a red horned sea star rare?

Thanks zak

Attachments

• image-3221841295.jpg
    image-3221841295.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 141
No they arent rare. These ones come from Africa and can be hard to take care of. You need to be certain your water conditions are fine and that they aren't fluctuating because any kind of change in the water can stress them out and kill them. They are very nice though. Good luck with him.

Red horned sestar again!

An I keep this little feller with any coral atall is there a way to maybe stop him eating it if I get some I am determined I want a good looking tank in my bedroom, I find that rock with fish only is a bit boring I'm 13

Attachments

• image-2903167724.jpg
    image-2903167724.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 67
That sucks is there any tht I could keep with him or stop him from gettting

Back
Top Bottom