Red Knobbed Starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boekie23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a 90 gallon tank with a thriving community of fish as well as an abundant amount of live rock. We change our water every two weeks as well as check our levels on a daily basis. Everything is testing out fine, however we are noticing our starfish is changing. It has turned a pinkish color and is actually starting to bend over. We have had the starfish for about three months. My concern is that it may not be getting its nutritional needs or is it possibly sick. We feed our fish saltwater flakes as well as mysis shrimp. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Mine seems to do this every day. Today it almost was as if he had three legs almost all the way out of the water. He is fine, because ten minutes before that I watched him eat one of my little snails right off the glass. He was actually so far out today, he had one leg suctioned to my glass top!
I don't think it is anything to worry about though.

Here is another similar thread...
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f45/starfish-hanging-out-at-surface-104682.html

Attachments

• IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMAG0201.jpg
    IMAG0201.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 117
Hey thanks, Mine hangs out at the top as well and actually removes one leg from the glass so I guess it is searching for food. The only other concern that I have is the parts of the starfish that are supposed to be a grayish color have now turned pink. Should I be worried about the discoloration?

Back
Top Bottom