Red leg hermit crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jj49er

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there I was thinkin of getting some red leg hermit crabs for my CUC, but I read some things that they are aggressive and will eat snails, but that they not as bad as blue legged crabs so I was thinking are crabs a good idea for tank cuc or no red crab the only kind I was thinkin of adding

I have a handful of red ones. They're great. I also have about 10 Mexican snails. I haven't noticed them picked on the snails. My gounch (?) also does a fantastic job on the clean up. Hopefully that was helpful.

I`ve had the red legged ones and never had any issues with them. You should be good to go.

melosu58 said:
I`ve had the red legged ones and never had any issues with them. You should be good to go.

+1 on the red legged ones. I also have blue legged ones mixed in and have heard they will be killed by the red ones but I haven't had that problem.

Red ones are usually a dollar or two more than blue ones and I have not noticed a difference. Both work well in my opinion.

My red legged crabs tore one of my snails out of its shell and now walks around with his new snail shell home

I like the scarlet reef hermits better. They seem to be less aggressive than the others and they eat a lot.

Thank undo much guys for the helpful advice yea pet co has em on sale right now for a dollar

Back
Top Bottom