red sea copper test kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
are these test kits accurate?i have had cuprisorb in my fishless tank for three days and no color change.ok that should mean im copper free but when i test it with this kit 0 should be green and to my eyes it is blueish.ive read reviews that the chart isnt to accurate so i was wondering if anyone has expierienced the same thing.i contacted seachem and said if i had copper it would of showed up blue by now.should i assume i am copper free?i want to buy fish soon but i dont need any copper in there

If thats what they told you at seachem then i would assume that your copper free, but if there's a small amount of copper it really won't have any effect on the fish because its so dilluted. But before you put any inverts in there I'd do a couple of water changes and maybe use some carbon in the filter to help further remove any excess.

Last edited:
i sure hope so.im going to keep it in there till the end of the month then get my fish

Back
Top Bottom