Red Slime in Jawfish home hole.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breezyrae

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good Morning all :)
I just noticed what appears to be red slime?? Its on my rock. I took a turkey baster and was blasting my rock, and it came off like a sheet, but drifted down into where my jawfish lives. :eek: I didnt want to frighten or scare Jaws- and i plan on doing a water change today when i get home from work. Is the Red Slime like substance going to hurt him? And what kind of precautions and treatment can i take to get some of this nasty stuff off and keep it off? My tank is about 3 months old, and i do feed twice a day. My lights are kept on from 12pm-till about 7:30, 8pm and after that i put on the blue led lights for about an hour. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks :blink:

Next time try to suck it off with the turkey baster. You can do like I did have water mixed up and decide how much I was going to siphon off then replace it with the new saltwater. Sometimes it was only a couple of cups sometimes a gallon it just depended on how much was in the tank at the time.

Awesome info Joy!! Ty soo sooo much :) I just got home and I'm gonna work on it in a couple of minutes!! Thankfully I don't see a lot.

Back
Top Bottom