Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #11
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Still a really good deal for base rock. I wasn't able to find any cheaper anywhere.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I thouht it was base buut still an UNBELIEVABLE deal!!!!! Looks very natural too!

Old 12-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I e-mailed the guy and he responded saying he'd look into the price of shipping to Canada for me. Then, when I didn't hear back from him I e-mailed again two nights ago to remind him, and he got back saying that he'll get me the price yesterday. I've still yet to hear from him

That sucks, he lost my business because I didn't want to wait a week just to order, I'll be buying LR this weekend instead. I'd rather pay the extra $2.00 per pound and have good service.

He also said that his website was being hacked by the competitor, and then asked me to place an order (with my credit card) on that same page ...ummm, think I'll pass, identity theft isn't in my list of 'things to do today'
Old 12-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's a bit concerning. I would like to save that cash for other items for my tank.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

If the guys having problems on his page, maybe giving them a call and placing an order over the phone is more "safer" ??....just a thought
Old 12-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #16
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I really wouldn't worry about that. Whether or not it is, if you use paypal, there's really no need to worry... and, I think he might just be a bit paranoid... I talked to the guy for quite a while... super nice, but told me the same thing.

To be honest, shipping to canada probably would cost more than getting it local. I know it's free shipping here in the US, but to get up there would probably cost a substantial amount, especially for a 50-55lb package.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 12-18-2011, 01:01 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

my order should be here by the 21st according to the tracking number.

it was just like ordering from reefcleaners. almost page for page. paid through paypal like mfdroookie mentioned. again, just like reefcleaners. ive got to get another 100lbs for my tank, the price is right.

only suggestion i have is that he needs to add a shopping cart link to his pages.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:02 AM   #18
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

yes, shopping cart would be fantastic. it took me a bit to figure that out.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks guys. I'm going to be getting more live rock instead. Huge sales at Big Al's on the 26th are twisting my rubber arm.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

hey just wanted to update everyone if they where wondering.

i just got my order that i purchased friday, i live in the midwest. it looks great. and i WILL buy the remaining rock that i need from reefrock.net

Tags
reef, reef rock, rock, rocks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com