Reef safe clown trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkimball

Aquarium Advice Regular
Wanted to share my very unique clown trigger. When he was in the LFS he got spooked and ran him self very hard into the glass, breaking is top jaw, resulting in losing his top teeth. I adopted the poor guy and he's doing great!! Had to share IMG_1479421416.856215.jpg

He eats everything from pellets to brine/mysis shrimp, krill. He also likes the sheet algae

your title says "reef safe clown trigger" I hate to break it to you but they are far from reef safe , they"ll eat any and all inverts along with any fish he can fit in his mouth , Triggers will snack on corals both hard and soft also plow them over every chance they get , they are beautiful fish but not reef safe sorry to be the barer of bad news ,

try feeding him clams on the half shell , my trigger comes and takes them out of my hand great personality

In the LFS he broke his top jaw and teeth. Unfortunately for this he is now reef safe, but very heathy

even with a broken jaw I wouldn't trust a clown trigger in my reef . your a lot braver than me , wish you luck

Back
Top Bottom