Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-24-2004, 03:03 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Reefers, how is this lighting for FOWLR?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=46314

and is it a good deal and which bulbs? Tank is a 45g with 50lb lr so far, it has been up a month and I'm about to start stocking, I dont wanna spend any more $$ right now nor am I concerned with corals which need lots of watts...

Old 02-24-2004, 03:33 AM   #2
cj10488

I would think that would be good for most lowlight corals and awesome for just a FOWLR If it were me Id go with 1 10k bulb and 1 true actinic bulb.. FWIW I would be careful with that vendor.. PSL has gotten a pretty bad rep but lately I hear they are getting a bit better.. My bulbs that I got from them only lasted about 2 months but hey it seems like a pretty nice price for the setup..

James
Old 02-24-2004, 04:16 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

any other deals out there in a setup like this? also, can i just get a compatible fixture at home depot that would work with this type of bulb?
Old 02-24-2004, 04:47 AM   #4
cj10488

I honestly would say check with Darin over at Captivereefs.com As for locally I doubt that you will find anything in that price range.. I have heard of ppl running VHO bulbs in normal shop lights but I would not try this myself.. You can also check Hellolights.com They are pretty reasonable as well..

James
Old 02-24-2004, 06:02 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Try aqualuxlighting.com they seem to have good prices (plus it's local for me!)

Tags
fowlr, light, lighting, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com