Reefrocks.net

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry that you guys are having so many issues. Maybe that why their prices are so low... To make up for the lack of customer service.

I received an email that said "we have had a mess up with our box supplier. They shipping our next box order last week, but we have not received them. Causing real shipping nightmare for us.. We should receive our boxes today sometime. I soon enough will ship out today.. Will send tracking as soon as shipped.."

So he charged me for the product before he even shipped it out. Doesn't sound like a good business practice to me.

Ordered 50 pounds from reefrocks.
Sand was nice, got there in a week.

The rock took about a month and a half.
But once I did get the rock it was very nice.

So i called the guy at reefrocks.net again yesterday around 4:45pm and he actually anwsered ! Said he was on the road coming back from a delivery so he couldnt look up my order atm, but told hm my order number and date i ordered and he said it should have been shipped. Then i got a couple stories about internet problems and about the box supplier which Mdubster mentioned. He told me he "should" have me an email within the hour, here it is almost 17 hours later and no email. Oh and also told that he was behind because of 330,000 lbs of rock orders last week and over 100k this week. I wont be buying anything from here again, this guy is more about excuses than taking care of his customers.

Just called again because i am highly pissed off now that i didnt get an email like he said i would. He anwsered the phone and asked what was going on because i didnt get the email he said he would send. He said he was sorry and that he got back late but he did look up my order and said that it got send aside because of something about what kind of tank it was for. Which is bs because in the comment box i sent tank size and dementions, says it will be shipped out Monday and that he was sorry this happened, wouldnt offer anything to make up for it.

So i called the guy at reefrocks.net again yesterday around 4:45pm and he actually anwsered ! Said he was on the road coming back from a delivery so he couldnt look up my order atm, but told hm my order number and date i ordered and he said it should have been shipped. Then i got a couple stories about internet problems and about the box supplier which Mdubster mentioned. He told me he "should" have me an email within the hour, here it is almost 17 hours later and no email. Oh and also told that he was behind because of 330,000 lbs of rock orders last week and over 100k this week. I wont be buying anything from here again, this guy is more about excuses than taking care of his customers.

I have called, emailed, left voicemails not once got in touch... If nothing happens on Monday I am going to make a claim through Paypal to cancel this order. It is ridiculous.

There should be no excuse as to why someone can not reply to an email or phone call... This is hard earned money I'm spending! 100$ is not pocket change for me!

I used him when I set up my 57 gallon reef. Same story from me: It took forever to ship and several phone calls, but eventually I did get it and was highly satisfied with the price/quality of sand and rock. I think he is a bit overwhelmed and is pretty much a 1 man operation. It almost seems like you have to have at least a couple phone conversations before anything happens.

I used him when I set up my 57 gallon reef. Same story from me: It took forever to ship and several phone calls, but eventually I did get it and was highly satisfied with the price/quality of sand and rock. I think he is a bit overwhelmed and is pretty much a 1 man operation. It almost seems like you have to have at least a couple phone conversations before anything happens.

Did your order status change online ?

Meaning mine still just says "confirmed" did yours ever update to say "shipped" and/or was tracking ever provided?

I don't remember, it was a long while ago. The guy is really nice, and I don't think he means any malice or is trying to rip anyone off. It just takes him awhile to fill everyone's orders. I can understand frustration in the delays, especially when you are READY to setup a new tank. However, for me the price and quality was worth the wait.

Monday at 1pm my order still hasnt shipped as i was promised, guess he has 4 hours left in his work day but it really isnt looking good.

Never got a tracking number yesterday so had my wife call today. Again more excuses about all kinds of stuff. Said it should have sent out yesterday, so he is double checking and sending me a partial refund. If anyone would like his other telephone number I can give it to you

I don't remember, it was a long while ago. The guy is really nice, and I don't think he means any malice or is trying to rip anyone off. It just takes him awhile to fill everyone's orders. I can understand frustration in the delays, especially when you are READY to setup a new tank. However, for me the price and quality was worth the wait.

I agree with this he is really nice and I really doubt he is trying to screw anyone over. I have a feeling his business has expanded way beyond what he can handle. I do feel sorry for those trying to get their orders though.

I canceled my order.. Still waiting on an email from him to verify. Ordered from macro Monday should get it Thursday.

I canceled my order.. Still waiting on an email from him to verify. Ordered from macro Monday should get it Thursday.

Hiw did you cancel? That is what I have been trying to do the past week!

I recalled the land line and get in touch with a person who sounds like a roommate... Left my name and number.

I don't care how busy you are! If you own a company and you have customers paying, don't lie on your website saying you have thousands of pounds in stock and don't email me saying it takes two to three days to ship!

I just got a confirmation of order shipment.... I emailed him all week and called and left voicemails to cancel.... I'm not paying for this lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom