Refegium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
What should i put in the refugium? Do I need sand? How much live rock? And what type of algae? And a heater? Light?

What should i put in the refugium? Do I need sand? How much live rock? And what type of algae? And a heater? Light?

Sand or mud is always up to you is best you should and depending in size of the tank would be how much live rock. Almost any type of light would work even a bulb worked it done cases but don't get something with too much watts

Check out saltwaterfish.com they have a pretty decent refugium pack that come with cope pods

Do you recommend like snails or hermits in it?

Could just live rock work or do you need rubble?

Also is a heater needed?
Not necessarily assuming that the water from the main tank has a heater but just too make the main tank look better is to just hide it in the refugium and hermit crabs and snails not needed but u can trow it in there but they might eat the algae so it not recommended and add live rock because reefs are all about filtration

In have a 40 gallon sump. In my refugium I have about 20lbs. of live rock. I have 2 baseball sized clumps of chaeto. I also have my heater and therm in this section. I use a 50/50 11 watt coralife light. The light comes on at night only. I don't have any cuc in my refugium.

Back
Top Bottom