Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eric84

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking for some refugium designs any help would work thanks

Single baffle separating first and second chambers, dual or triple baffle for 2nd/3rd separation. On that one, you'll want to run an over under design.

first chamber is on the right, and it works its way left. I only have a double baffle on mine. notice it flows over the baffle then under the second one

Ok cool I built one about 7 years ago and I can't remember how it all went I got a 20L that I might make into one for my 90 gallon hopefully it's big enough

On my last tank I built a fuge out of a 29 and also had a wet dry with bio balls and a pipe between the two to keep them at the same level would this be good to do again or not??

I personally wouldn't run a wet/dry on a sw setup. a lot of people will argue that they are nitrate factories, but my main reason is that they aren't really efficient at all. for the same size, a refugium or sump is def more efficient.

there you go. the only other two options would be a sump or refugium. they are similar in design, but the refugium offers a place for pods/ sick/hurt fish to heal. a refugium is great for growing out populations of copepods for mandarins and the likes.

also notice on trueers pic that its a triple baffle (3 alternating baffles on the left side)

I don't really know if there's a "best" , but as far as I've seen really any vegetation works, so long as inverts and fish don't have access to the pods in that section

image-4170936613.jpg
Hey Eric. Here is my sump/fuge. 55g center is the fuge. Maybe as large as a 10g..

Back
Top Bottom