Refugium Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just made the "frame" for my refugium. I used a 20gal tall tank. I have divided it up in the portions that I want. I am going to move bio balls from my wet dry to the bio ball section of the refug with in a day. My questions are:

Can I run it with out any miracle mud or macro allege in it for a while until I am able to get some in??

Also, when I get some miracle mud, can I just dump it down into the refug? Or should I do something else?

Should I leave the light on int he refug for 24 hours? I know this is highly debated.

What type of macro allege? I would like to try to not use Calepera, unless someone can talk me into.

you can run it empty just as a sump would be.

I would turn the pumps off while adding and do it slow so it doesnt cloud the water.

The lighting schedule depends on what macro you use. some need 24 hr lights. I use macro that doesnt and light it for 12 hrs opposite my main.

I would highly recommend chaeto. easy to prune and doesnt go sexual. does not need 24hr lighting. also a great place for pods to grow.

Back
Top Bottom