Refugium ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irishmike7979

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have this empty space next to my sump was thinking about putting in a fuge.

image-1389087931.jpg

I tried fitting a ten gallon tank in there but it was much shorter than my sump. I don't want to drill the sump I was thinking of either getting a custom made one that's tall enough to put in an overflow or build a shelf then put the ten gallon there.

Also curious to know if anyone has seen or used a cooler as a fuge?

Any ideas or criticism are welcomed.

This is what I did for my 220. I just added this refugium yesterday, soon it will doing its job. Right now it is quite empty. I set it up this way as a display in my kitchen.

Attachments

• image-115432758.jpg
    image-115432758.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 190
Don't be, it was a very long hard road together to this. I can post a picture of the front later if you like, and the sump as well. My 90gallon reef has the refugium in the sump.

Yes please do the more ideas the better although I dont think the gf will let have another tank outside of the cabinet. Currently trying to convince her into letting me get another mp10 :)

image-2421226596.jpg

Refugium for 220

image-2831732339.jpg

220 from the front showing marineland model 4 sump

image-1785106936.jpg

90 gallon reef with sump below, only the actinic blues are on. I run this tank with the aquatronica controller, not much work for me to do on this tank it almost runs itself

image-1235527780.jpg

Proflex 3 sump, chamber 2 is a refugium with led lights, swc proteins skimmer. I have way more money in this tank than the 220.

I am using a 36" dual t5 ho in the center and two marineland 36 inch single bright LEDs. On the refugium I am using a dual t5 ho fixture. The tank is ment to be a fowler tank, so lighting isn't really important, but it does look great. The 90 reef tank is lit up by a 48" jbj t5 ho 4 bulb fixture tomorrow I will upload a picture with it lit up.

Back
Top Bottom