Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Regal angel experience

I got a regal angelfish about a day and a half ago. Didn't come out and seek food this morning but when the power head brought t to him he ate it. I'm just looking for other people's experience with them to see how long they normally stay in hiding before they get more comfortable with the tank. Looking back it took my Foxface about 4 or 5 days and now he's all over the place. Thanks for any advice.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

my 3 angels took about a day to get used to the tank. but not every fish is the same. the fact that he was eating is a good sign that his health isnt declining. my angels are very adventurous. also, do you have a planted tank? if so, is it heavily planted? because angels like heavily planted aquariums since it is their natural habitat. but i would leave an open swimming area for them.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

you could also post some pics of the angel if you want. its another way for us to make sure they are fine.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman793 View Post
.... also, do you have a planted tank? if so, is it heavily planted? because angels like heavily planted aquariums since it is their natural habitat....
A regal angel is a saltwater fish. What you are describing is relevant to freshwater angels.

This may help.....
Aquarium Fish: The Regal Angelfish (Pygoplites diacanthus) — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog
"Regal angelfish don't adapt easily to captive life."
"It's difficult to duplicate the natural diet of regal angelfish in captivity. I've found that they will thrive in captivity on a varied diet consisting of food items such as red nori seaweed, Pro-V gelatin food, mysis shrimp, and chopped krill. I roll sheets of the dried red macroalgae (Seaweed Selects from Ocean Nutrition) and place it in a clip or rubber-band it to a small rock."
Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks, it's been a little over a week now and he seems to be doing well. I am feeding a mix of mysis shrimp, marine cuisine (carnivore) and rod's food with vitamin drops mixed in. Here is a picture of him, please don't hate on the filthy glass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-90270918.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	158072
Old 03-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

sorry, my bad. i didnt know. i cant help you in the saltwater department but good luck!!!!!

Tags
angel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com