Regal angel experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperAlex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a regal angelfish about a day and a half ago. Didn't come out and seek food this morning but when the power head brought t to him he ate it. I'm just looking for other people's experience with them to see how long they normally stay in hiding before they get more comfortable with the tank. Looking back it took my Foxface about 4 or 5 days and now he's all over the place. Thanks for any advice.

my 3 angels took about a day to get used to the tank. but not every fish is the same. the fact that he was eating is a good sign that his health isnt declining. my angels are very adventurous. also, do you have a planted tank? if so, is it heavily planted? because angels like heavily planted aquariums since it is their natural habitat. but i would leave an open swimming area for them.

you could also post some pics of the angel if you want. its another way for us to make sure they are fine.

.... also, do you have a planted tank? if so, is it heavily planted? because angels like heavily planted aquariums since it is their natural habitat....
A regal angel is a saltwater fish. What you are describing is relevant to freshwater angels.

This may help.....
Aquarium Fish: The Regal Angelfish (Pygoplites diacanthus) — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog
"Regal angelfish don't adapt easily to captive life."
"It's difficult to duplicate the natural diet of regal angelfish in captivity. I've found that they will thrive in captivity on a varied diet consisting of food items such as red nori seaweed, Pro-V gelatin food, mysis shrimp, and chopped krill. I roll sheets of the dried red macroalgae (Seaweed Selects from Ocean Nutrition) and place it in a clip or rubber-band it to a small rock."

Thanks, it's been a little over a week now and he seems to be doing well. I am feeding a mix of mysis shrimp, marine cuisine (carnivore) and rod's food with vitamin drops mixed in. Here is a picture of him, please don't hate on the filthy glass.

image-90270918.jpg

sorry, my bad. i didnt know. i cant help you in the saltwater department but good luck!!!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom