Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2003, 10:57 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

so just 2 chambers? weird. do you get any micro bubbles back in the tank ?

Old 11-06-2003, 12:17 AM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
Fishfreek, glad to know you got the skimmer and that it's doing OK.

I only offer the Remora with the Maxi Jet pump as I don't like Rios and I agree that the one that comes stock on the Remora isn't enough. Also, for in sump operation, Aqua C makes a skimmer called an Urchin. It is identical to the Remora except that it comes with a longer hose to attach the PH and it has a foot so it won't fall over.

Old 11-06-2003, 12:27 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

i need to know more about the spray injection nozzle so i can diy one.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:53 AM   #24
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Well I cant say much from looking at it. I don tknow if the black acrylic they use is for the purpose of hiding the acutall desing or what but it sure makes it hard to see inside the unit unless you hold it up to a bright light.

I guess its more like 2 1/2 chambers. The spray nozzle is in the half chamber and then the reaction chamber with the skimmer collecion cup at the top and then its got an open bottom to that chamber that the water goes into the third chamber that then has the skimmer outlet on top. The directions say that for the first few days you might get some airbubbles into the tank due to the skimmer needing to break in.

The overall setup was very easy and infact I had to study the directions just to make sure there was not more to the setup. the overflow box is setup into two chambers. The one chamber has the standard overflow fingers and the pump sits in that chamber and the second chamber is where the skimmer outputs into and has a sponge on th ebottom and you can even add filter media into that chamber.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 01:19 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

does the nozzle hit the top of the water or does it actually spray under the water? Is it a high pressure stream of water?
Old 11-06-2003, 01:25 PM   #26
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Yes. HEHE

I cant say exactly if it spays onto the top of the water or if its just below the water but from looking at the design I belive its intended that the spray nozzle be above the water surface when its running.

Yes its a very high pressure stream. Think of a power washer nozzle except its being powered by a 300GPH ph and is not just a jet of water but its a jet of water/air.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:36 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

frustrating, wish i could see this in action but im guessing its just like a nozzle for a hose and hitting the top of the water allows air/water mixture otherwise the air is mixed in the nozzle like a reverse venturi or something.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:39 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by biotoxin
i need to know more about the spray injection nozzle so i can diy one.
Wish I was better at DIY. I have discovered over the years that I am mechanically disinclined... Im lucky I can figure out how to open a jar sometimes.. But on the other hand, I can jury rig a computer out of a mason jar and some match heads Go figure....

Maybe if you have any luck DIY I can pay you to DIY for me

Why Settle For The Lesser Evil! Vote Cthulhu!

Live in Nevada? Visit the Nevada Regional Forum at http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewfo...dcb6a37297e562
CountZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 08:49 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

well my latest diy is in the diy section under diy cpr clone. Check it out
Old 11-09-2003, 10:25 PM   #30
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
OK, as nearly as I can tell, the injector is a just a reducer. It reduces to about a 1/4" hole. There is a partition that comes down into the skimmer body and turns under the injector...maybe 1/2" between the injector tip and the partiton. It has about a 1/2" hole centered under the end of the injector. The water level runs about 1/4"-3/8" under the injector. If you took a garden hose with a small reducer and held it full blast over a bucket of water, you'd get about the same effect that the Remora operates on. The internal baffle design for bubble control is similar in appearance to a Prizm. HTH.

Tags
remora

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com