Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-28-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Removing Live Rock

I am trying to remove three damsels from my 75gal tank. I have over 100 lbs of live rock, with mushroom and some other soft coral. I can't catch the bleedin' fish, even with a trap (2 liter bottle inverted) I don't want to remove the rock, but don't see another solution. Damsels have been eating pellet food, mabey they'd hit the trap with somthing else. TIA

Old 06-28-2004, 03:49 PM   #2

i reomoved 2 in my tanks also, when they wanted to bully my new clowns, i had to take everything outta mine, but i dont have half the rock you have.i finally got them out by having my wife chase them into a 1 gallon pitcher with a net, took a while, but it worked,,good luck

Old 06-28-2004, 04:02 PM   #3

also, how can i remove the rock if need be, without hurting the coral
Old 06-28-2004, 04:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

for the short time imo it wouldnt hurt em ! but to be safe use a trash can
Old 06-30-2004, 05:00 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Man that is a lot of work for $8.00 bucks worth of fish. I feel the pain. Has anyone invented a mini fishing pole with a size 36 hook? Just make sure the hook is barbless and in two minutes there out, less stress on you and the fish. jk
50 gallon saltwater fish only...1 mated pair yellowtail damsels, neon dottyback, tomato clown, huma trigger, lemonpeel angel, 12 stripe wrase, bi-color blenny, dozen or so hermit crabs-scarlet and mexican, cerith snails, turbo snails, orange linkia starfish, 50 plus pounds of purple-pink coraline encrusted rock and a few mushrooms.

Redsea prism protein skimmer, 404 Fluval, UGF with two 201 powerheads.

7 gallon tank with 6 pounds of live rock and countless brittlestars, 5 hermit crabs, snails and 1 False Percula Clown fish and Camel Back Dancing shrimp
1neondottyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:07 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had to catch 4 of them little suckers! I bought a tank devider, and placed ot on the tank. Then I moved all the LR from the side the fish were on to the other side. I just placed it where I could get it without harming any coral, and such. They had nowhere to run. Easy to net then.

Tags
live, live rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com