Removing Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gallagherjim

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am trying to remove three damsels from my 75gal tank. I have over 100 lbs of live rock, with mushroom and some other soft coral. I can't catch the bleedin' fish, even with a trap (2 liter bottle inverted) I don't want to remove the rock, but don't see another solution. Damsels have been eating pellet food, mabey they'd hit the trap with somthing else. TIA

i reomoved 2 in my tanks also, when they wanted to bully my new clowns, i had to take everything outta mine, but i dont have half the rock you have.i finally got them out by having my wife chase them into a 1 gallon pitcher with a net, took a while, but it worked,,good luck

Man that is a lot of work for $8.00 bucks worth of fish. I feel the pain. Has anyone invented a mini fishing pole with a size 36 hook? Just make sure the hook is barbless and in two minutes there out, less stress on you and the fish. :idea: jk

I had to catch 4 of them little suckers! I bought a tank devider, and placed ot on the tank. Then I moved all the LR from the side the fish were on to the other side. I just placed it where I could get it without harming any coral, and such. They had nowhere to run. Easy to net then. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom