Replacement fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My tank is 55 gallons and I had 7 fish in total. I had a sleeper goby that passed away.:(

Not because of the water quality, but because his eye was eaten out of it's socket. I thought it was going to live and I still can not figure out what had decided to eat the eye out of my Goby.

He lived for three days, but I guess it was just too much. I thought he would be fine, he was eating, swimming, and digging. Yet the last day he just went into his cave and stayed put and passed away.

This is my stocking list, I don't know what I can put into my tank now. I would like seven fish again, but I don't want an eye to be eaten again. I had all my fish for 2 months with no issues.

1. Flame Hawk
1. Yellow Eye Tang
1. Yellow Tang
1. Blue Spotted Toby Puffer
1. Six Line Wrasse
1. Coral Beauty

I also have a few hermit crabs and a spiny sea urchin. I am upgrading to an 180 gallon by the end of this year which only the two tangs will be transferred out to the bigger tank. So the fish that I want will need to be able to be fine for the rest of his life in the 55. Thanks for the help!

Would another Wrasse be ok with a six line already in the tank? I thought they would fight.

Six line wrasses can be agressivve, so it depends. I'm not sure about compatibility between six lines and fairies. I agree with X on being maxed out (or at least close). I'd wait for the tank upgrade or you are going to have to watch parameters closely.

Well, I agree! I was thinking today that part of the problem might have been over stocking. It just sucks because I liked my sleeper goby and I hate to have any fish deaths. My two clowns I had jump from my old tank really upset me and this guy dieing upset me as well.

I will hold off on getting a new fish, but I might not hold off on starting a small 10 gallon FOWLR tank and putting an orange spotted goby in it and two fire fish. :p

Glad you agree about the stocking, you really are at the max or very close to it. :)

And for reference in the future, I have several wrasses in my 90g and they all get along pretty well. I have a sixline, blue headed wrasse and a lunar wrasse. They are all aggressive so that may be why they dont bother one another. lol

Back
Top Bottom