Reverse osmosis filters on ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hobbes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just started a 40 gal FOWLR tank, and I am looking to purchase a RO+DI filter on ebay as there seem to be some bargains there.

My question is if I search for reverse osmosis there seems to be a ton of them, I don't know which one to get. I also plan on using it for drinking water as well so one with a faucet attachment would be nice. Otherwise I am looking for affordable as possible, whether its 75GPD or 120 doesn't make much difference, as my average water change will only be 10-15 gal anyway.

Thanks in advance.

I personally went with the 6 stage from filterdirect on ebay.. Very nice works and included everything..

James

This is the Only person I would reccomend on Ebay. Not cause the others are bad mind you, but because this guy is GOOD!

I bought my system from him and started installing it on the weekend. Ran into a problem (Due to my lack of knowledge not from equipment) and called the phone number he has listed and received the answering machine. I left a message not expecting to hear back till monday and it was only a matter of an hour or two before he called me back, from canada! He checked his messages from home, heard mine and called me to resolve the question.

Ed is a nice guy to boot. The shipping was extremely fast, and the packaging was well done. If you are seriously considering getting a unit, order from him, and get the TDS meter at the same time as he will not charge you any additional shipping if you order it when you order your RO DI unit.
I hope this helps and below is a link to a current auction of his on Ebay.
Zero

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20684&item=2359499502

That's funny. The pictures on the ebay link you attached look identical to the pictures of the RO unit filterdirect sales. I'm assuming they get them from the same place. Anyway, I bought my RO/DI system from filterdirect last week and have had no problems up to this point. BTW....I believe the filterdirect's prices are lower.

Just my 2 cents.

The biggest difference I see with some of the units on Ebay is that they have a smaller DI chamber than say a Kent or Captive Purity unit. I'm using one of the "generic" units here with the smaller DI filter and it works great. It uses the Dow RO membrane which is something you want to look for when you buy a unit. Mine is a 100 GPD RO/DI with a 5 micron sediment, 1 micron sediment, carbon block, RO, and then DI. TDS going in is 162. TDS out of the membrane is 13. TDS out of the DI varies between 1 and 0 depending on the mood of my TDS meter. The small DI carts are refillable if you want to bother with it. I don't know that it would really save that much money as I haven't checked on the price of the resin yet. JMHO.

I also got my RO DI unit from Aquasafecanada. He is also based out of Vancouver Canada so he is close to me. I talked to him once (ED) as was very helpful his system comes with a splitter set up that is to feed fridge and tank. It also comes with a tap set up as well . It should be here in a couple of days Ill let you know how it goes...................

I got a 5 stages RO from filterdirect, the system works pretty nice as we use the RO water for everything from my coffee to cooking/drinking :) and good to use that to top off my tank also :) and yet filterdirect price is little lower than aquasafecanada thought aquasafecanad got some nice package like 20 pre filter/carbon filter for $50 :), anyone know if those can be fit into the RO from filterdirect guy?
Happy fishing... :mrgreen:

I also have a 5 stage RO+DI system coming from aquasafe ... i'll share plenty of pictures once I get it, as well as my technical evaluation of it's performance... I also ordered the Milwaukee TDS meter, so I'll have something to refrence performance with.

nguyen27:

as far as I know, all the common filters use the same size filter cartridge, so the aquasafe prefilter kit should fit any other standard prefilter assembly.

Any one here ever use Permeate Pump with their RO system, I heard the pump save about 80% of waste water, I'm looking for a RO system to install at home in Phoenix, Arizona. They got a heavy load of hardness level in their water, which reduce the rate of water production in an RO system badly!
Thankx

Back
Top Bottom